Latest video updates
Decentralization imposes major technical challenges to financial systems worldwide and IOHK Research is interested in every single one of them.
The vision for IOHK Research is to be a leading institution in the academic study of blockchain. We are establishing a reputation for tackling difficult research questions and for building a strong foundation in the blockchain industry.
New research areas
The traditional approach to the financial world has always been centralization, where banks and financial institutions play the main role. The new paradigm is decentralization where peer-to-peer transactions and cryptocurrencies are the norm. The research areas that arise from this change are open and wide.
IOHK Research is headed by Professor Aggelos Kiayias, Chief Scientist in IOHK and comprises:
- Senior Research Fellows
- Established international reputation as a leader in a certain area of interest.
- Extensive publication record that includes top venues in their area of expertise.
- Experience in mentoring.
- Research Fellows
- Ph.D. holder in area of interest.
- Good publication record.
- Holder of an M.Sc. or equivalent.
- Works under the supervision of an RF or SRF.
Areas of interest
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Formal Verification
- Programming Languages
- Trusted Hardware
- Policy and Regulation regarding securities/foreign exchange/businesses
- Tax Law
Global research collective
With our decentralized teams across the globe, IOHK connects geographically dispersed research talent in top universities to encourage innovation through collective effort. Each team member has the freedom to propose project ideas, and establish a research agenda and collaborations. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our teams, please see our careers page for more details.