BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Communications Manager
Remote, United States
As Communications Manager at IOHK you will have excellent planning and organisational skills and be confident working remotely in a distributed company, with strong interpersonal, influencing and networking abilities. You will be comfortable working collaboratively in a fast-paced and geographically diverse team, managing a number of projects simultaneously. You will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Director in developing strategy and approach, yet be confident working autonomously and playing an expert/ advisor role as required. Your ability to communicate with colleagues of all levels will be strong. Direct experience in blockchain technologies is highly desirable. You will be curious to understand and able to translate sometimes complex technical perspectives into understandable and engaging communications for external stakeholders.
Your written and verbal communication skills will be excellent. You will be curious, committed, passionate and forward-thinking. You recognize the importance of building engaging and creative communications approaches based on solid, data-driven decisions.
- Develop strategies to build awareness, grow active users and build engagement across all owned channels
- Manage ongoing communications around software rollouts. Plan and execute communications campaigns to support new and existing product lines and build the IOHK brand
- Collaborate with writers, designers, filmmakers etc. to develop & repurpose valuable and engaging content targeting various target audiences
- Manage day to day posting on IOHK owned social media properties and channels
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners (inc. Cardano Foundation & EMURGO) to increase social reach and engagement to benefit IOHK and the Cardano ecosystem
- Assist with all external communication and weekly update reports with the Marketing & Communications Director
- Create a set of KPIs and dashboards for tracking weekly performance and growth across all owned and shared channels
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Identify threats and opportunities, escalating and as required to the Marketing & Communications Director to agree mitigation plans
- Develop and expand influencer outreach efforts
- Work closely with the Cardano community management team to ensure free flow of information and collaboration on key projects and issues
- Coordinate with the PMO on document sharing for content produced related to the development cycle.
- Creatively minded, with a deep understanding of how impactful and measurable communications contribute towards business goals
- Experience of comms & social media strategy development and execution, skilled in tracking and managing execution to maximise user engagement
- Sound judgement, able to anticipate potential communications challenges and develop approach accordingly
- A team player, skilled in collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Pragmatic and resilient, with a can-do mentality and a growth mindset adept at finding creative solutions to thorny communications challenges
- Well-organised and effective time manager, methodical in approach
Education / Experience
- Demonstrable experience in communications and/or social media roles (min. 5 years)
- Solid experience in at least one complementary area of marketing (e.g. product, campaign, growth etc.)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.) and how each platform can be leveraged to deliver on commercial goals and develop organizational capability
- Understanding and experience of issues/crisis management
- Experienced and confident in data-driven approaches, recognising how a creative idea translates into business value
- Excellent writing and language skills (Native English)
- Good technical understanding (Experience in blockchain/crypto technologies preferred)