BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Software Test Engineer - Automated
Software Test Engineer - Automated
Remote - EU
We are searching for a Software Test Engineer to join our outstanding Quality Assurance team. You will be working on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – and taking responsibility for designing software tests, planning, scripting and execution for all releases to the platform. In this role you will have influence over functions such as development, project management and networking, working across the software development life cycle, to execute test iterations, track and report on results, take the lead on troubleshooting, and coordinate defect resolution. You will play a key role in development projects and be responsible for ensuring that software runs smoothly and meets client needs. This role will suit someone who is very self-motivated and proactive with outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. However, due to team distribution for this role, preference will be shown to applicants based in a European time zone (UTC to UTC+3) but will also consider East Coast US and Canada (UTC-5) time zones.
Work within development teams to ensure that code is sufficiently tested and that test coverage is extensive.
Use various technologies to implement and encourage an ‘automation first’ approach to quality.
Promote a strong focus on quality throughout all stages of the SDLC (ie, software quality as a discipline)
Research and develop tools and methods to continuously improve our product and process quality.
Analyze all aspects of product quality (eg, functionality, security, robustness, and performance) and ensure they are always of the highest standard.
We are searching for someone who has extensive experience in testing, ideally five years or more, and preferably including performance and security testing. Some other great things that you could bring to IOHK are:
- Solid experience in test automation.
- Proven ability and a drive to learn new technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (Scrum or Kanban).
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (eg, unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests).
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Scala would be advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java, Kotlin or C#.
- Blockchain experience is advantageous but relevant technical experience will also be considered.
Experience with some or all of the following:
- Virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V
- Containerization - Docker
- Continuous integration (CI)
- Continuous deployment (CD)
- Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure
- Performance and security testing
- Distributed systems and networking.
If this sounds like the type of exciting new challenge you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.