BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Level 1 Technical Support Agent
Level 1 Technical Support Agent
Remote - EU Time zone
Our Technical Support team is searching for a Level 1 Technical Support Agent to work on the front line, providing support to our users over email. You will be working on technical incidents and service requests related to our products and how they work. You will be working with a service management tool, following internal procedures precisely and adhering to service level agreements (SLAs). You will be helping us maintain and update our knowledge base and continuously improve our processes and practices. You will be learning a lot about our software and technologies.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Team distribution for this role means we are ideally searching for someone in an EU time zone.
- Provide prompt and accurate technical support to our blockchain and cryptocurrency users and customers across the globe
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Take ownership of and track incidents, problems and service requests, from logging through to resolution and within agreed service levels
- Assist users in researching and identifying answers to technical software and hardware queries and problems
- Ask customers focused questions to get to the root of a problem quickly, so it can be documented in an unambiguous way
- Guide customers through a sequence of actions via email, until the issue is solved
- Develop and maintain good relationships with our customers
- Prioritize and manage many tickets at one time
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (eg, L2 support or development)
- Document support issues and contribute to our knowledge base in the form of articles, instructions, videos, FAQs, etc
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems.
- At least one year of technical support experience (Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role)
- Experience of working with service management tools (Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira, Freshdesk or similar)
- Experience in supporting desktop and/or mobile platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment with great follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work independently; this position is 100% remote
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and explain them to users with variable or limited technical competence, and possibly limited English
- Customer-focused approach, with consideration for data security, business needs, requirements, and financial impact
- Any languages in addition to English will be highly beneficial, in particular Japanese
- Some experience in the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry would be an advantage
- Desirable, but not essential, is an understanding of: distributed computing environments; blockchain technologies; cryptocurrency principles and processes; and software development and coding