BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Smart Contract Developer
Smart Contract Developer
Remote - EU/LATAM time zones
IOHK is searching for a hands-on, highly experienced Smart Contract Developer to work within our Stablecoins team. You will be someone who thrives within a fast-paced, innovative team environment and will have an in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, building secure solutions. We offer unique technical challenges, and a supportive and creative environment with the opportunity to have an important role in a fast-growing organisation.
You will focus on implementing smart contracts that enable IOHKs decentralized finance initiatives. You will be contributing to product design decisions and getting involved in the day-to-day activities of a small but highly productive development team. You should be passionate about decentralized finance, algorithms and market operations.
This is the perfect role for an experienced smart contract software developer who enjoys adopting new technologies and who sets high standards for themselves and those around them. You will be a leading and influential member of our development team.
Our promise to you
- Career-defining move that will allow you to work on cutting-edge applications
- Real investment in you, with the support you need to reach your potential and a progression route that is in line with what you want to do with your career; no glass ceilings
- Interesting, enjoyable and challenging work
- Support for your continuous learning in an environment that will help your career thrive.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. However, due to team distribution we are ideally searching for candidates within EU/LATAM time zones.
- Design, develop and implement system and application architecture components that support the creation, transfer, and storage of digital assets
- Build products that can interface with blockchains, including but not limited to, Ethereum, Cardano and HyperLedger
- Build products that can interface with blockchain consensus mechanisms such as proof of work, proof of stake, and delegated byzantine fault tolerant
- Develop and implement software modules that integrate with internal and external wallet systems
- Diagnose and resolve system issues in production and external, customer-facing environments
- Design and develop smart contract systems while ensuring transaction privacy on a public blockchain
- Develop specifications and designs for complex applications or modifying/maintaining complex existing applications
- Perform code analysis, requirements analysis, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Experience of coding and maintaining smart contracts in multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of automated market-making algorithms and general knowledge of decentralized finance products
- More than two years’ experience in Solidity development and smart contract tooling
- Strong understanding and experience of turning algorithmic trading concepts into smart contract designs
- Good English-speaking skills
- Recent experience with technologies such as web services, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, JWT
- Team player and problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- A willingness to learn the Plutus financial DSL
- A willingness to learn Ergo's scripting language would be a bonus.