BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Software Engineer - Haskell
Software Engineer - Haskell
Remote - European Time Zone
We are searching for Software Engineers with experience in Haskell to join our rapidly expanding Engineering function. We are looking to fill positions for several teams, each of which has its own specialty. If you have experience in networking or distributed systems, consensus protocols or cryptography, performance analysis, or a background in a quantitative science, you can expect to put those skills to good use. You will be working on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – and taking responsibility for writing high-quality code for our products.
As a Software Engineer at IOHK you will have the exciting challenge of working on cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market’s needs. This role will suit someone who is passionate about their work and changing people's lives, very self-motivated and proactive with outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Team distribution for this role means we are ideally searching for someone in a European time zone.
- Write Haskell programs following our formal specifications (you would have help learning to read these).
- Add features, such as support for smart contracts and decentralized voting.
- Write QuickCheck properties and tests.
- Haskell. (A minimum of 3-5 years development experience)
- Property-based testing experience is desirable but not essential.
- Nix (not necessary but would be helpful).
- We are looking to fill positions for several teams, each of which has its own specialty. Relevant experience includes networking or distributed systems, consensus protocols or cryptography, performance analysis, and quantitative science