BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Software Engineer - TypeScript
Software Engineer - TypeScript
Remote - Europe or Asia
We are searching for a Software Engineer with an affinity for TypeScript to join our rapidly expanding Engineering function. You will be working on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – as part of the Adrestia team. You’ll take responsibility for writing high-quality code for our products and for promoting developer-friendly high-level interfaces. As a Software Engineer at IOHK you will have the exciting challenge of working on cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market’s needs. This role will suit someone who is passionate about their work and changing people's lives, and very self-motivated and proactive with outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Team distribution for this role means we are ideally searching for someone in European or Asia time zones.
- Design, document, test and support developer-friendly open-source SDKs and APIs.
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code with automated acceptance tests to meet engineering specifications.
- Follow eXtreme Programming principles.
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks.
- Work with teams across time zones.
- TypeScript / NodeJS / Webpack
- Development and maintenance of open-source libraries, API services and/or CLIs.
- Experience configuring the TypeScript compiler using modern features to establish quality project structure when considering handling of test code, linting, and packaging concerns.
- Handling, encoding, and decoding binary data.
- Demonstrated use of functional programming patterns, optionally implementing libraries such as Rx.js, and interest in other functional languages such Elm, PureScript or Haskell
- Proficient with git and GitHub.
- Able to work autonomously, with DevOps skills to establish and maintain CI/CD (distribution) processes
- GraphQL / JSON-RPC / JSON-WSP / PostgreSQL / Electron
- Familiarity with UTXO-based blockchains and/or any Cardano products.
- Experience with Swagger, OpenAPI or RAML.
- Proficiency with Docker.Basic understanding of compilers and language semantics.