BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Software Engineer – Service Reliability - Nix, NixOps
Software Engineer – Service Reliability - Nix, NixOps
Remote - EU Time zone
As a Software Engineer at IOHK you will have strong functional programming and operations skills. As part of our Service Reliability team, you will work closely with geographically diverse experts and the Research & Development teams to ensure high-quality, stable environments for our customers.
- Working on ‘build and deployment cycles’ across all development environments
- Supporting the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications
- Participating in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Improving and maintaining tooling and scripts for automation purposes
- Develop tools in Haskell for exchanges and stake pools
- Supporting our teams to write software that is simple and flexible to configure and deploy
- Collaborating with agile teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure and performance testing infrastructure
- Building capabilities to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
- Experience using all the tools within the nix ecosystem including: Nix, NixOS, NixOps, Hydra
- Scripting and programming skills with the ability to develop custom tool integrations
- Experience using version control with git
- Experience maintaining bug tracking, code review, coverage analysis, agile tracking, and testing tools
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience administering application servers, containers, and web servers
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with AWS, Google Compute, or other cloud provider is a requirement
- Experience with software development methods such as Agile and Test-Driven Development
- Proficient English language and communication skills
- A strong interest for, or knowledge of, statically-typed functional programming languages such as Haskell, Scala, or Purescript
Education / Experience
- Proven years of experience in Build and Release engineering, Linux operational excellence and automation
- We are particularly interested in people with experience of Nix, NixOps, Open source work and Functional Languages such as Haskell
- You will be someone who works well on your own and with a team
- You value cooperation and collaboration above all, and are not afraid to ask for clarification or help when needed
- You are kind and respectful of others’ opinions and you are open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions