BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Research Fellow
Europe - Remote
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Each and every role in our business is of equal importance to us. To that end we are searching for individuals across all functions who display strong analytical skills and are constantly seeking to learn new technologies & solve complex problems. As a distributed team advanced communication skills and the ability to integrate seamlessly as a team member across different areas of the organisation is essential; as is resourcefulness and self motivation. Our people are curious and passionate about their work and we encourage an inclusive and collaborative environment where we support each other in knowledge sharing and personal growth. As a distribute team we use a variety of online communication on a daily basis and keep connected via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
We are searching for a Research Fellow interested in working within the Blockchain Technologies space, on topics ranging from scalability, to incentives, delegation and governance. Successful hires will join our team of research fellows and contribute to different projects linked to our various development efforts.
- Representing the company at academic and industry conferences and sharing technical information with the public.
- Writing research papers for submission to top cryptologic conferences and journals.
- Reviewing technical pre-prints and manuscripts related to blockchain technology.
- Contributing to peer-reviewed publications.
- Working independently as well as in groups together with other IOHK researchers and external collaborators.
- Communicating effectively with the development team, including preparing specifications of protocols and algorithms.
- Participating in weekly research meetings.
- Some international travel and short relocation assignments as required.
- Knowledge of Cryptographic Protocols and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Detail oriented, consistently seeking to learn new technology
- Analytical, you are able to parse information and produce research deliverables that are on-point and concise
- Resourceful and self-motivated, you have a propensity to find solutions to problems on your own.
- Discerning, you have the ability to uncover, utilize and implement important and relevant information from non-relevant information.
- Curious, you are interested in blockchain technology and have a strong desire to produce research findings that can be utilized in a practical, commercial environment.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- A Ph.D. degree in mathematics or computer science with a focus on a related area to blockchain systems, including cryptography, information security, distributed systems.
- An excellent record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Fundamental understanding of computer programming.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies.
- You are passionate about blockchain technology and are motivated in working with a high level of excellence.
- You will be someone who works well on your own and with a team
- You value cooperation and collaboration above all, and are not afraid to ask for clarification or help when needed
- You are kind and respectful of others’ opinions and you are open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on: