BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Software Engineer - Rust
Software Engineer - Rust
Europe / EU Time Zone
As a Software Engineer at IOHK you are responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across multiple time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severity 1 issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Be knowledgeable of distributed and concurrent computation
- Write idiomatic code that satisfies the acceptance criteria of a given task
- Write tests (unit tests, property tests) that provide sufficient and non-superfluous efficient code coverage.
- Document code and APIs concisely and unambiguously
- Break down tasks into sub-tasks that are completable in a short amount of time and report completion as required by managers
- Pragmatically adhere to software engineering principles (modularity, incremental development, no premature optimization, no feature creep, no speculative generality, ...)
Education / Experience
- Degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 3-5 years development experience with C/C++ but with the ability to demonstrate good knowledge of Rust Programming Language (professional or otherwise)
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with Agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
Specialist Skills - for a software engineer specialized in Rust
- You’ll have a background of C/C++ Development experience (approx 3 - 5 years) but with the ability to demonstrate good knowledge of Rust Programming Language.
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus
- HTTP API understanding as well as accessibility and security compliance