BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Technical Writer
Europe - Remote
As a Technical Writer at IOHK you will be working with an outstanding team of people who are based around the world, including researchers, academics, and developers, who are doing ground-breaking work in the blockchain industry. We work remotely and offer a flexible working style.
• Update existing content, and write new content about our technology, our products and our people
• Proofread, review and organize all technical documentation by liaising with the product managers and technical teams
• Create Content for Product features for different formats: Turn new software product features into user guidelines, blog posts and web content
• Produce high calibre documents that meet our standards and guidelines so that we maintain a common look and feel to all documentation produced
• Communicate and collaborate with team members including members of the communication team through information gathering, content reviews, meetings and status reports.
• Strong understanding of documentation structure and information design.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp complex technical subjects and relay them to users
• Ensure technical content is easy to understand for technical, and non-technical readers alike, by writing clear, concise and simple sentences to explain difficult concepts
• Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
• Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
• Technical writers create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, you must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
• Must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
• You must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have non-technical backgrounds.
• You must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information. A background in engineering or computer science is preferred.
• You must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.
Education / Experience
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Technical Writer preferably with a technology company
• Thorough knowledge of technical writing concepts and techniques
• Self-starter and able to navigate through the application software to get the work done
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently and under pressure created by deadlines
• University degree majoring in technical writing/translation, major in computer studies or equivalent experience is preferred