BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Senior Haskell Developer
Senior Haskell Developer
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Each and every role in our business is of equal importance to us. To that end we are searching for individuals across all functions who display strong analytical skills and are constantly seeking to learn new technologies & solve complex problems. As a distributed team advanced communication skills and the ability to integrate seamlessly as a team member across different areas of the organisation is essential; as is resourcefulness and self motivation. Our people are curious and passionate about their work and we encourage an inclusive and collaborative environment where we support each other in knowledge sharing and personal growth. As a distribute team we use a variety of online communication on a daily basis and keep connected via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on:
- IOHK | A vision for blockchain in Africa
- Cardano Whiteboard: Overview with Charles Hoskinson
- IOHK | Cardano Testnets. May 2018
IOHK are looking to hire Senior Haskell Developers with experience in formal methods.
- Develop new features
- Develop features based on formal specifications/academic papers
- Guide and mentor other developers on how to interpret formal specifications into high quality and effective code
- Implement and enforce effective testing and development methods
- Work with developers across multiple timezones.
- Mastery of software engineering best practices and of testing methodologies.
- Experience in programming in Haskell
- Experience in formal methods is required
- Ability to understand and translate into code formal specifications, academic and mathematical papers
- Mathematical background would be preferred
- Experience with git
- High-quality oriented
- Curious and consistently seeks to learn new technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Good written skills
- Focused, rigorous and detail oriented
- Highly driven to learn more about our space
- Comes to the table and the interview with ideas about how we could improve our development cycles.
- Shows signs that he/she can lead (or be part of a team)
- takes ownership for his role, exhibits wanting to take responsibility for his role and his actions
- Shows a clear understanding of how to deal with conflict. We are looking for well-motivated, well-organised candidates who flourish in a remote team
Education & Experience:
- Higher degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject (Master’s degree or Above)
- Coding experience in Haskell, with required on-the-job experience of three years or more.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in programming
- Experience in formal methods is required
- Experience in distributed systems and network would be beneficial
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus.
- Experience working in an Agile setup would be good (Scrum, Kanban)