BE THE CAUSE OF DISRUPTION
IOHK is a company focused on decentralization and disruption, and the people that enable us to do so are no exception either. With operations in Hong Kong, Japan and Eastern Europe, and employees and partners from Latvia, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Ukraine, Argentina and Brazil in addition to its multinational core members, IOHK is a truly global company despite its small, overall size and short history.
We not only aim to cause disruption with our technology, but also with the way we organize a group of talented and motivated people around the same vision and passion.
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team, and more importantly to collaborate with. Our goal is to cause cascading disruptions and there are many ways to be a part of it. If you feel like you have something to contribute, whether directly to IOHK or one of its projects, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All openings > Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Each and every role in our business is of equal importance to us. To that end, we are searching for individuals across all functions who display strong analytical skills and are constantly seeking to learn new technologies & solve complex problems. As a distributed team advanced communication skills and the ability to integrate seamlessly as a team member across different areas of the organisation is essential; as is resourcefulness and self motivation. Our people are curious and passionate about their work and we encourage an inclusive and collaborative environment where we support each other in knowledge sharing and personal growth. As a distribute team we use a variety of online communication on a daily basis and keep connected via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on:
- IOHK | A vision for blockchain in Africa
- Cardano Whiteboard: Overview with Charles Hoskinson
- IOHK | Cardano Testnets. May 2018
As a Business Intelligence Analyst at IOHK you will be working on a range of projects that will focus on different markets, organizations and industries. Product will also be a main point of emphasis and be given consideration in all types of research. This role is critical to meet current and future demands for insights for senior leadership and others to make informed, strategic decisions. You will be a motivated individual who can work on their own as well as in a team. You will work closely with the senior leadership team, and contribute your opinions on how to improve research and meet organizational and departmental goals.
- Completing research related to the major company 2020 goals, as well as departmental goals (such as building a country and competitive analysis repository)
- In the near term (the next 6 months) the focus will be on country analysis for Africa, especially southern Africa, competitive analysis and due diligence on potential partners, and privacy features in blockchain.
- Producing research that will go to senior leadership and be used for decision making
- Collating business intelligence on countries across an array of regions
- Exploring topics, such as cryptocurrency adoption rates, legislation, and more
- Completing analysis on organizations including, private companies and NGOs
- Completing competitive analysis relating to competitors as well as potential partners
- Completing analysis on a variety of industries including, demand for blockchain and DLT solutions, use cases and more
- Completing some non-legal due diligence activities
- Familiarity with data visualization and flowchart software
- Project management skills
- Basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - pivot tables a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with grant writing a plus
- Good communication skills by phone, chat, email and all other forms
- Ability to contact individuals in the industry and conduct trade interviews
- Ability to work remotely with a team across time zones.
- Ability to extract needs from senior leadership, and make it clear in research that these needs are being addressed.
- Ability to create clear, concise and succinct research with supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make connections and cross-reference previously done research as well as activities across multiple, disparate teams to create comprehensive research.
- Ability to shift priorities, if need be, due to senior leadership demands.
Education / Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in business intelligence, consumer insights or market research
- Experience, interest in, and passion for blockchain would be a plus (please make us aware of any courses that you may have completed concerning blockchain)
- Must have experience in research report writing and chart building.
- You will ideally have travelled within, or lived in African countries, allowing you to bring experience about different markets that may not currently be available amongst the team members.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree. Will consider those holding an associate’s degree or having some college experience subject to work experience and skill set.
- Preferably has experience in both primary and secondary research.