Time handling on Cardano, part 2: use cases
How Plutus, Marlowe, and Hydra address timekeeping on Cardano
8 December 2022 6 mins read
This blog post has been written by Arnaud Bailly, Michael Peyton Jones, Sebastian Nagel, Polina Vinogradova, and Brian Bush.
The previous post discussed how Ouroboros handles time on Cardano and explained the importance of determinism. Here is more about specific use cases for time on Cardano.
How do Plutus scripts handle time?
Plutus scripts get access to the transaction validity…
Time handling on Cardano, part 1. About Ouroboros and the importance of determinism
On-chain timekeeping is essential to ensure global consensus in a blockchain setting. This post explains how time is handled on Cardano
7 December 2022 6 mins read
Image by Noor Younis.
This blog post is a collaborative effort carried out by Arnaud Bailly, Michael Peyton Jones, Sebastian Nagel, Polina Vinogradova, and Brian Bush.
Time is necessarily relative to every participant in the blockchain system and is critically important to support and maintain the safety properties of the Ouroboros consensus protocol. Minted blocks are expected…
- VNew ZK-Lab will focus on researching Zero Knowledge Protocol Technology, seen by many as the future of blockchain confidentiality
- This is the second lab that IOG and the University of Edinburgh have partnered to open
Edinburgh, UK, November 18, 2022: A new research lab focused on the development of Zero Knowledge Protocol technology has today launched at the University of Edinburgh, one of the leading Universities in the United Kingdom. The Laboratory opens with funding from Input Output Global, Inc. (IOG), one of the creators of Cardano, the…
- Research hub will facilitate deeper research and learning into blockchain technology
- Launch follows IOG’s investment in hubs and funding across Stanford, Edinburgh and Carnegie Mellon
Edinburgh, UK, November 17th, 2022: Input Output Global, Inc. (IOG), the main developers behind the blockchain Cardano, has today announced that it has funded a $4.5m research hub at the University…
- Edinburgh Decentralization Index (EDI) will be based on a methodology developed at a leading UK university
- EDI will be the first index of its kind, and calculated continuously to track the fast-moving blockchain market
- EDI could protect users against opaque centralization of blockchain projects
Edinburgh, UK, November 18, 2022: Input Output Global, Inc. (IOG), one of the builders of Cardano, the leading proof of stake blockchain, has partnered with the University of Edinburgh, one of the most highly rated academic…